Re: K8N-E Deluxe: No DMA on IDE Disks

 Hello Thomas,

   I have to admit ignorance.  What is the "DMA driver?"  I'm going
through menuconfig and am not sure what you're referring to.  Is it
the stuff that shows up as "Generic PSI bus-master DMA support" in
menuconfig?  If so, it's already compiled into the kernel directly.

   Also, to give folks a clearer picture: the system does *not* boot
from the IDE disks.  It boots from a software raid1 mirror of two SCSI
drives.  The IDE drives are meant to be used, along with 4 SATA
drives, in a raid5 array for a big storage area.

   Another poster suggested adding amd74xx to the /etc/modules file
*before* ide-generic, but this doesn't seem to make any difference.
On the stock AMD64 Sid install, which file controls what's going on in
"module land:" /etc/modules or /etc/modprobe.d/aliases?  They seem
to be redundant...

thanks,
Jim