Re: xine-ui dies

On 4/18/05, Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> Harald Dunkel <harald.dunkel@t-online.de> writes:

> Works fine here with pure64 sid:
>
> Unpacking xine-ui (from .../xine-ui_0.99.3-1_amd64.deb) ...
>
> I can right-click in it, select open->file, select a file and play it
> just fine.

I have only used xine for DVDs so far, so it may also be related to
libdvdcss. I remember that it used to be a major pain, and maybe it
still is on amd64.

Anyway, I have updated a lot of my software (to, ehm, yes, ubuntu),
and I still have the same problem. Although that should not be a
surprise, since the use the same version 0.99-3-1 of xine-ui.

Every once in a while when I manipulate the GUI, it freezes up
completely. The image stands still, and the GUI does not react. Now
the funny think is that I have to do a kill -9 to terminate xine-ui, a
regular kill is not sufficient.

So what shall I do? File a bug report? It is a bit unspecific. Or try
some more version mixing or recompiling?

Thomas