Re: amd64 into mainstream

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 01:09 +0200, Julien Tailleur wrote:
> By the way I never
> understood why the debian community never released a "nice"
> installation menu...

Debian's goal, as I understand it (I expect to be corrected if I'm
wrong) , is to have a universal installer. Install on PPC, sparq, ibm
PSeries, x86, AMD64, SGI... what ever and the installer looks the same.
it could be a little nicer but I'd guess that's hard to do and leave it
functional on all architectures.

--
"Examine the shovel, approach the coal, grasp the shovel, make a forward
stroke, raise the load, swing the shovel in the direction in which the

-- published brochure from the National Coal Board of England - 1959