Sid Upgrade - now have make-kpkg error

Hi all,

I've just done a dist-upgrade to Sid tonight and am trying to recompile my kernel with the kernel-patch-mppe applied.

I've set my gcc to 3.4, but I get this error when running make-kpkg clean:

/usr/share/kernel-package/rules:1623: *** Error. I do not know where the kernel image goes to [kimagedest undefined] The usual case for this is that I could not determine which arch or subarch tihs machine belongs to. Please specify a subarch, and try again.. Stop.

Can I safely just specify a subarch or does this indicate something else is wrong?

I've done the following to get to this stage:

make clean
make oldconfig
/usr/src/kernel-patches/all/apply/mppe
make menuconfig - All I do here is set mppe to be compiled as a module
make-kpkg clean

This is using kernel-source-2.6.11-9-amd64-k8.

Any hints greatly appreciated.

Pete