openoffice.org-amd64 works great! trash out 32-bit version ;-)
I've just successfully installed openoffice.org-amd64 and it works just great!
No need to keep 32-bit openoffice in chroot32 anymore.
The installation was a bit tricky, so here what I've done:
1) Add the following line to your /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/openoffice.org/ ./
2) manually download openoffice.org-debian-files_1.1.2-2+1.0.1_all.deb from
3) Force the installation of openoffice.org-debian-files:
dpkg -i --force-all openoffice.org-debian-files_1.1.2-2+1.0.1_all.deb
4) Install openoffice.org-amd64 with the following command:
apt-get install openoffice.org-amd64 openoffice.org openoffice.org-l10n-en ttf-opensymbol
5) (Optionally) install any other openoffice.org hyphenation/spellcheck/etc. files via apt-get (as usual).
Enjoy OpenOffice ;-)