Critical mysql bug = remotely changing from PURE64 to 32-bit debian.. possible?

Is it possible to go from a Sarge Pure64 installation to a 32-bit debian installation remotely?

(I have KVM over IP access if that helps in the process any.. but no CD-ROM on that server)

If its possible could someone please tell me the steps to do it or point me to a url that covers it?

Thanks!

See below for why I think I need to switch to 32 bit....

-------------

The reason I want to drop down to 32bit is because of the following critical MySQL bug/problem referenced below. This server is going to be a mission critical production mysql database, so we don't want to take any chances.

@ http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=8555
See post...
"
*[11 Mar 11:19pm] Michel Buijsman*

We're now running in 32 bit mode on the amd64, and that seems to work fine. One
of the servers is now running as a replication slave with live data and it's
actually replicating which is more than I got when running a 64 bit OS.

I've done some head-to-head speed tests (2 identical servers, one with a 64 bit
install and one with a regular 32 bit debian, both running mysql 4.1.10 with
identical configs) and the 32 bit version is about 10% slower.
"

See also: http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=3483