broken ssl in evolution-2.2

Hello.

after upgrading to evolution-2.2 my imaps mailboxes stoped working with
error: SSL unsupported. I've checked the sources and in debian/rules
there is --without-ssl option. I've tried compiling without this option,
the ssl unsupported is still there.

in my chroot, ssl works fine.

After doing ldd on evolution i get the following:

chroot:
$ which evolution-2.2 |xargs ldd |grep ssl |wc -l
1
$ which evolution-2.2 |xargs ldd |grep tls |wc -l
8

non-chroot:
$ which evolution-2.2 |xargs ldd |grep ssl |wc -l
0
$ which evolution-2.2 |xargs ldd |grep tls |wc -l
1

Is there a particular reason for disabling ssl support?

Many thanks,

--
Andrei