32 bit mozilla in 64bit kernel, fails.

I have a (working) 32-bit install on a seperate partition.  If I
chroot to it and try running
X programs, they work.  (After mount -o bind /tmp/.X11-unix
/chroot/tmp/.X11-unix)

mozilla and firefox, however, do not.  This is somewhat of a problem
for me since clients ask
me to work on their websites that include flash.

Any idea what to look for?  It does not crash, it simply never opens a
window.  Strace shows it receiving X events whenever the mouse moves,
but that's it.

Normally I'd compile from source and gdb it, but mozilla is a HUGE
program with tons of libraries, so I'm going to ask around and see if
I missed something first.