Re: Trouble getting nvidia driver running

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

My problem is when I install the nvidia-glx driver (and hence
nvidia-kernel-source) and compiler it, X seems to start, but simply
turns off the monitor (bad signal sent to screen so it turns off).
Switching to the text console works fine.  I can start and stop X just
fine, but the screen never displays.  Using nv driver seems to work
fine.

I am using the 2.6.11 kernel image.  Is there a patch required for using
the nvidia driver with 2.6.11 when using the 7167 nvidia driver?  I
don't see any errors in the X log at first glance, so I am a bit puzzled
by the video problems.
There were problems (AGP-related?) with the 7167 on some
systems. Try the most recent, the 7174.

Dave