Re: # CONFIG_PREEMPT is not set

El lun, 04-04-2005 a las 16:02 +0100, james@total-carnage.org escribió:
> Is Realtime-lsm the same thing? I'm assuming no, as I have realtime-lsm on a 2.6.11 custom-built kernel for using a recording studio with...

No, they're not the same. As far as I can tell, preempt attempts to
enhance the user experience (i.e., for programs with a UI) while RT-LSM
gives software real-time capabilities. These capabilities give programs
deterministic thread scheduling guarantees; not all programs, but those
that request this behavior.

Cheers,
--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>