Muse, QJackctl etc. problems

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had managed to get Muse or QJackctl to work?? All i get is:

james@bathory4:~$ qjackctl
Warning: no locale found: /usr/share/locale/qjackctl_en_GB.qm
Illegal instruction
james@bathory4:~$ muse
No superuser privileges, enabling system timer fallback
no locale <muse_en_GB>/</usr/share/muse/locale>
locale <en_GB>
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:446:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
Could not open ALSA sequencer: No such file or directory
Illegal instruction
james@bathory4:~$

Strange problems it seems... qjackctl won't even load, and for some reason muse complains it can't find my ALSA sequencer... then again, Illegal instruction.

Even stranger that every other program (Ardour, Xine, XMMS, Totem, Jack etc.) all work fine using the ALSA drivers...

My config:
Kernel 2.6.11 (custom built, with realtime lsm)
AMD64 3200
Delta 1010 - not the LT one, the one with the funky break-out box :)
nVidia GeForce FX5600 (which I can't manage to get the nvidia-kernel drivers working, but thats another problem I'm fixing.. damn custom kernel :))

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!!

Cheers,
James