NDIS problem on amd64-pure install

I have sucessfully installed amd64-pure from SID on an ACER 1522 LMi Aspire laptop and almost everything worked right away. I had a little problem getting the Synaptics touchpad working, but these mailing lists solved that one. Thanks for all who have worked on this "non-port" to date. Good Job!

I am unable to get the built-in 802.11g/b device to work. It is an INPROCOMM IPN2220 wireless chipset, and it is supposed to work with the ndiswrapper program from Source Forge. I have d/l the ndiswrapper source, compiled it with the same gcc as my kernel (3.4) and have obtained the Windows XP drivers and installed them per the instructions. A "ndiswrapper -l" shows the hardware present and the drivers loaded. A "modprobe ndiswrapper" works without complaint, but the "iwconfig" command doesn't show any wlan0 or other devices for wireless! Looking at the logs givess the following 4-line message:

ndiswrapper version 1.1 loaded (preempt=no,smp=no)
ndiswrapper (check_nt_hdr:145): Windows driver is not 64-bit; bad magic: 010B
ndiswrapper (load_sys_files:456): unable to prepare driver 'neti2220'
ndiswrapper (ndiswrapper_load_driver:92): loadndiswrapper failed (65280); checksystem log for messages from 'loadndisdriver'

This was from the syslog entry.

While stumbling around in the dark, I loaded and tried the ia32 libs without luck. I am now completely out of ideas and need some serious help.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

-Don Spoon-