PPTP MPPE System Lock up

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with the pptp client and mppe support and am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and/or solved it?

Basically, I've followed the howto at pptpclient.sourceforge.net, and have compiled my kernel with "make oldconfig" and just applied the kernel-patch-mppe.

When I launch a pptp tunnel (pon Tunnelname), my system locks up completely, total hardware lock. I have to hit the reset button to reboot. I can't even ssh in from a remote machine.

I've added the options debug and dump to my options.pptp file, but nothing gets logged in the syslog whatsoever.

If noone here has seen this I'll proceed with joining the pptp list and going from there, I'm just hoping this is an AMD64 port issue that someone knows about.

Oh, and a Google search doesn't seem to give any results that match my issue either.

Cheers,

Pete

PS I've added ppp_mppe to my /etc/modules file and it seemingly loads without issue.