Re: X freezing.

Hi Erik.

Thank you for the heads up.  I did a shutdown and turned off the machine for a
few minutes.  No lockups for about several hours, so, it looks good.  The
only thing I still got happening is scattered letters and some "high order"
fonts on the screen as it's booting up (bios?).   Once vesa takes over, the
"letter clutter" stops completely.

Chris W.