Re: VMware GTK Question

Hi Pete,

El vie, 25-03-2005 a las 10:14 +1000, Pete escribió:
> When running vmware-console, it works and logs in to the localhost fine,
> but when I go to set a new virtual machine up, the pull down lists are
> empty and I get these messages in the terminal window:
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: can not set locale modifiers
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkToggleButton'
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktogglebutton.c: line 296
> (gtk_toggle_button_get_active) : assertion `toggle_button != NULL' failed.
>
> Any ideas what's going on here? Do I need to install some GDK or GTK
> libraries in my i386 chroot or something?

I don't know about VMWare, but you're probably missing the locales
package inside the chroot. Make sure that you have the locales database
for the locale you have set up for your session. Alternatively, you can
unset your LANG and LANGUAGE (and maybe LC_*), but that doesn't give you
support for your locale and is just a workaround.

Greetings,
--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802