Re: filesystem and x86 vs. x86_64 benchmarking...

> And where is the bonnie++ test with 64bit kernel? Do any of the FS become
> faster/slower? Actualy I wan't three runs: 32bit kernel, 64bit kernel +
> 32bit userland, 64bit kernel+userland.

OK, here are those results for ext2, ext3, xfs, jfs, reiserfs, and reiser4:
http://www.the-martins.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=5&page=1

I'm mostly at a loss to explain them, really.  One difference between these
runs and others I've done in the past is that the partition used is at the
logical end of the disk...  Perhaps JFS does better with a 'slower disk'
than XFS?  These benchmarks make JFS look pretty good overall, but
especially good for a dual booting system.

Any comments/questions/observations are welcome of course.  I'm subscribed
to this list - no need to Cc me.

Take care,
     Dale
--