Re: AVM Fritz!Card PCI (v2.0) / Fritz!DSL

Hi,

Am Montag, 21. März 2005 21:42 schrieb Javier Kohen:
> Hi,
>
> El lun, 21-03-2005 a las 21:19 +0100, p-a-v-e-l@gmx.net escribió:
> > Is anywhere how-to for adapting the 32-bit code to 64-bit? Or anything
> > regarding the theme?
>
> If I understand correctly you want to link a 32-bit binary object with a
> 64-bit application/kernel module. I don't think that will work, as far
> as I know you can't run mixed code in the same process. You could either
> write a 64-bit stub that uses a neutral protocol to contact a 32-bit
> wrapper to that object (feasible, but might be slow), or you could
> decompile the object and rewrite it using 64-bit asm. I think that the
> latter might be pretty easy if you know assembly and the code is not
> overly optimized/obfuscated.
>
> What solution suits this problem better depends on the size of the
> module and the amount of imported/exported symbols. Of course you can
> probably come up with a nicer solution, as I'm just playing by ear.

ls -lah fcpci-lib.o.org
-rw-r-----  1 pavel pavel 547K Mar 20 04:32 fcpci-lib.o.org

objdump -x fcpci-lib.o.org | wc -l
14756

so I think, there is a lot of work if I try it to disassemble and then to
assemble it again ;)

> > BTW: I've got the answer from AVM, that the driver for my card will be
> > available in the Q3 2005.
>
> You can probably come up with something by Q2 2005 ;-)

If I had the source...It could be in Q1 ;)