Re: lyx rather than openoffice

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
I do personally prefer LaTex for writing documents myself, but I sure
don't like lyx for doing it.  I just write it in vim and write a
makefile to process it with latex when I type :make, and if there is an
error vim jumps to the line with the error.

Makefile you say? Is it something that can check when you need to do an extra latex/bibtex to update references, and thus save some processing? Is this makefile something you would be willing to share? Currently I am just using a simple shell script to run it through latex and bibtex a couple of times, make ps/pdf etc.

/Jacob