Re: Idea for structure of Apt-Get

I'd imagine some kind of measure would be placed to prevent that... a simple MD5 checksum would probably do the trick...

Javier Fernández Garcia wrote:

Hello.

This thought looks pretty interesting. I wonder if I could trust p2p... I'll explain myself:

what would happen if someone changed the source code of a chunk of an application, I mean, I trust the servers from where I download the packages, but can I trust any user that offer me a chunk?

In Spain internet is worse... (we upload at 15 k/s with our affordable ADSL).