Idea for structure of Apt-Get

Hello.  I'm not sure if anyone has suggested something like this or
not but I was thinking about the apt-get system and bittorrent today.
What if the apt-get system was redesigned so that users could download
updates and upgrades from other users?  This way they would trickle
out to people, slowly at first, but then more and more people would
have the update and thus more people could get it faster.  I know
there would probably be a lot of security issues involved but then
maybe people wouldn't have to worry about setting up .deb mirrors and
trying to get the latest upgrades.  Just a thought.  If it's a bad
one, let me know. :)

-Patrick