Re: binutils broken?

On 05-Mar-18 06:22, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Andreas Jochens wrote:
> >
> >Please try 'apt-get install --reinstall binutils' and check if it
> >works again.
> >

> apt-get install did not work, cause the Package database
> is corrupted now. (Shouldn't you increase the version number
> if there is a new package?)
>
> But I could wget the new binutils*.deb. The core dump for
> as seems to be gone.

Something really weird is going on with the gcc-3.4 archive
on alioth. It looks like some packages are missing and the package
database seems to be corrupt.

It seems that the gcc-3.4 archive was at least partially
destroyed when alioth's disks were full again a few days ago.

On my own server I have a private copy of the archive which
still works fine. I will reupload all packages from that
private archive to alioth again. However, this will take
three or four days with my DSL connection. This procedure
will also cause every package which was still compiled
with gcc-3.4 to be replaced with a gcc-4.0 compiled version
because my private archive has been completely converted
to gcc-4.0. This will also be a good opportunity to finally
change the name of the archive to gcc4.

Regards
Andreas Jochens