Re: dpkg SEGFAULT with upgrade using gcc-3.4 (or 4.0) repos

May I suggest you recompile dpkg? This might solve your immediate
problems and, if not, try to compile it with symbols to see where it's
breaking.

You might also want to try using a static linked or ia32 dpkg.

Greetings,

--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802