Re: Segfault on QUIT from MySQL-Clients

Hello Thomas

On 2005-03-14 Thomas B. Preußer wrote:
> since updating my amd64-sarge today (March 14, 2005), the mysqld daeman
> segfaults on QUITs from clients.

I've not heard of sig11s on connection termination but rather on mysql daemons
that crash immediately and only if you use something different than "files" in
/etc/nsswitch.conf (as this was a NSS bug that was just triggered by mysql when
the server daemon was compiled statically).

The latest version 4.0.24-2 should work fine, though, as I reverted to dynamically
linked binaries. This version is not yet uploaded though as I dupload did not work
with either amd64 nor the source packages so I had to setup a i386 chroot first :-(

bye,

-christian-

BTW: I'm yet another happy "pure64" user since yesterday! :-) Good work porters!