Re: ATI Problem

alex wrote:
I have installed the fglrx alien packet but i can't compile the module sh make.sh
make.sh: line 52: [: 3: unary operator expected

That's a bad sign.
I normally use bash rather than sh. While the two names refer to the same binary, the program does behave differently based on invocation.

make[1]: Gehe in Verzeichnis »/usr/src/linux-2.6.11«

I'm using 2.6.10 ... someone else mentioned that you have to apply a patch to the ATI shim in order to get it to work for 2.6.11 kernel.

/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:1673: error: structure has no member named `pud'

I'd give up and fix above problems before continuing.

P.S. i have a smp kernel runs the ati driver on a smp-system?

Only one of y SMP machine has an ATI card in it. The startup of the server is unreliable in that I suspect they have some register configuration stuff that has a race condition in it. Switching virtual terminals to text and back to graphics usually clears the visual errors. Repeating the switching over a couple of times always has so far.

Once the server is up, everything seems to run normally.