Re: Setting up an internal Debian AMD64 mirror

"Pedro Sanchez" <psanchez@nortel.com> writes:

> I get similar errors when trying the http method on
> debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org. I guess the amd64 repository is not
> "official" enough for debmirror to swallow.

My mirror (when it doesn't break down due to full disks) should just
be a straight copy of alioth so anything breaks there gets reproduced
here.  I don't know what exactly is failing.

> How do you mirror alioth? I'm thinking of using plain rsync so that no
> one bothers checking md5sum signatures.

Straight rsync.  Here is the full command line

/usr/bin/rsync --exclude Archive-Update-in-Progress-phyppro1.phy.bnl.gov --delete-excluded -avlH --partial --delete --exclude project/trace/phyppro1 --exclude-from=/root/mirror/debian-amd64.exclude debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org::debian-amd64/ /local.dsk/raid0/ftp/pub/debian-amd64/

-Brett.