RE : Re: SATA problem on Tiger K8W (S2875ANRF)

Hi,

Thanks, but I speak about a BIOS configuration.

In general, there are 2 ways to configure a SATA interface : one is 'compatibility',
and then the SATA drive is seen like a standard IDE one.

But in my BIOS, I have only Ultra and Raid.

So I wonder if this possibility exists on my board, or not.

Best regards,

Amel

>-- Message original--
>Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:38:41 -0500
>To: amel.kapetanovic@freesurf.ch
>Cc: debian-amd64@lists.debian.org
>Subject: Re: SATA problem on Tiger K8W (S2875ANRF)
>From: lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Lennart Sorensen)
>

>On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 10:30:07PM +0100, amel.kapetanovic@freesurf.ch
wrote:
>> I bought one Tiger K8W board. All seems to be OK, Knoppix and Ubuntu
works
>> fine, but I have a problem :
>>
>> I can't do that my SATA disk is 'seen' like a IDE one, how it's possible
>> with some boards.
>>
>> Can someone please say me if it is possible and how to do it, or comfirme
>> that is impossible?
>
>Current 2.6 kernels access SATA drives as scsi since that is what they
>are more similar to.  The old ide style drivers for SATA didn't work so
>well and are no longer maintained as far as I know.
>
>scsi access is the fugure way for SATA, so get used to it.
>
>2.6.8 used on many of Debian's installer discs unfortunately fails to
>find many SATA controllers that 2.6.10 finds just fine.  Not sure what
>the current recomendation is for getting around that problem.  Check the
>list archives for more info on this.
>
>Len Sorensen

sunrise ADSL: Gratuit et plus sûr que jamais!
http://www.sunrise.ch/fr/home/proint/proint_ads-2.htm