Re: Java on AMD64 Question

Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> Beware because debugging is broken with Blackdown's JDK 1.4.2_01 on
> AMD64. It's been reported several times in their BTS, but there's
> been no answer so far (at least on the BTS; I haven't checked their
> mailing list, if they have one).

This will be fixed in the next release.  You should be able to work
around the problem by adding stdalloc=y to the run -Xrunjdwp options.

(1.4.2-01 defaults to stdalloc=n, that means it uses a variant of Doug
Lea's malloc which seems to break with NPTL.  1.5 allocates memory via
JVMTI, so it doesn't have this problem.)

> Also, if you use Eclipse, avoid Sun's JDK (Blackdown's included)
> because the JIT has a bug that's triggered frequently by the editor
> causing Eclipse to crash.

I have a hard time reproducing this.  What do you do to crash it?

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux/java2-status/