Re: afs client

Charles Leggett wrote:

Has anyone managed to get the AFS client working with a 2.6 kernel on
an opteron? I'm running a 2.6.10 kernel, and have tried recent CVS
snapshots, and while I'm no longer getting kernel oopses, when trying
to start the openafs client I get messages like:

Starting AFS services: afsd: WARNING: cache probably too small!
afsd: malloc() failed for cache file inode table with -25 entries.

BTW, the cache is set to 95000.

I'm using a compile of 1.3.79 on 2.6.8 using the Debian/ directory from the 1.3.74 experimental debs. The debs build up nicely except that Debian/sysname checks for x86_64 instead of amd64 (I just reported that bug to the package maintainer).

Also if you experience any more oopses please report them to openafs-devel@openafs.org as the amd64 port isn't all that well tested.

-Peter