Re: Asus K8V SE Deluxe

> On Tuesday 22 February 2005 14:34, mtms wrote:
>> Advanced Menu
>> AMD Cool & Quiet Configuration
>>
>> Is it safe and/or useful to enable this option and install powernowd?
>
> I'm running with this setting for weeks with the ondemand cpufreq daemon,
> works fine (I had to patch cpufreq because it otherwise it would stop
> frequencyswitching after a while).

Same here. Running for a few months now. Powernowd handles the switches
between frequencies ok for me. (I didn't have to patch anything though.)

>> Power Menu
>>
>> How did you select Suspend Mode?
>> Is ACPI 2.0 Support enabled on your box?
>> Is ACPI APIC Support enabled on your box? (I'd say yes, but...)
>
> I have both on. However, I didn't use suspend modes on this system yet.

I haven't used suspend either. I'm planning to look into it, but am a bit
cautious due to still experimental looking support in the kernel.

>> Power Management/APM
>>
>> Is it safe to disable this feature, letting ACPI enabled (see above)?
>
> Off, ACPI seems to be working fine.

I use ACPI, but I don't remember if I set APM on or off, will look at that
tomorrownight when I can get behind my home pc again. It all works AFAICT
though.

regards,
Thomas