Re: Multiarch distribution

David Hartveld <david@hartveld.net> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering wether a multiarch distribution is already (partially)
> available.  I'm interested in testing/toying around with this.  I read
> that at least some packages already support this.  Could anyone tell
> me anything about this?  I found a multiarch directory on
> debian-amd64.alioth.d.o, but found it (almost) empty...
>
> Greetings, David Hartveld

There was a lot of stuff done before pure64, when the best way to do
it was still unclear. Some of that is in biarch, some only on peoples
harddisk. But a lot of the stuff is best never looked at again.

The way we worked out, what is the multiarch proposal, is currently
being implemented in the multiarch directory (currently only) by
Tollef Fog Heen (mithandir on irc). If you want to help you should
probably catch him on irc and coordinate.

MfG
        Goswin