Re: xserver not working

Besides the missing font Jérôme posted about, the card is not being recognized by the X server. Are you sure you are using the ati/radeon driver (and that it's compatible with your card)?

You can also try ATI's official drivers. I heard that also x.org's X server supports newer ATI cards than the XFree86 server in Debian, but I cannot say I've tried it.

Dr Gavin Seddon wrote:
Hi,
I copied over the XF86Config-4 file from amd64 Knoppix, which had a
display.  I have installed the Xserver but, I cannot startx.  from
'lspci' the ATI graphics is unknown.  What do I do to fix this, pls?
Attached is my XFree86.0.log.
Thanks
gs.

--