Re: FW: anybody help me? dependency problem: no way back???

Eric Cranley <ericc@Willis-Music.com> writes:

> Forgot to CC this to the list.

Then you either didn't upgrade in a long time (and we warned about
this) or you used force-overwrite on base-files during the short time
libc6 and base-files where out of sync the same long time ago or
downgraded or something.

I knew moving the link would create problems. There just isn't a way
to make it foolproof with dpkg. Lets hope you are the last stragler.

MfG
        Goswin

PS: I recommend you reinstall libc6 and then dist-upgrade to be on the
save side.