Re: New netinst iso

Oops: That was actually an error reading the Release file not Packages file as previously here:

Goswin wrote:

Hi,

the new sid netinst image is uploaded and moved into place. The sarge
one is rsyncing with yesterdays updates. Sorry it took so long, I
nearly forgot to downgrade the libc6 and base-files to unpatched
versions and that took more doing than I expected.

Enjoy.
        Goswin

I burned the 18 feb sarge-amd64-netinst.iso to a CD. When booting the CD there was a dialog saying "error reading the CDROM" after the hardware was detected. The vt messages said 'error retrieving file: no such file or directory: /cdrom/dists//Packages.

I mounted to iso9660 and looked inside the CDROM and had no problems. The Packages file looks garbled inside the new sarge iso when easy to read in last weeks sid iso. The Packages file was in the /dists/sarge directory on both netinst except there was no error last week.

I think the Installer can't read the Packages file.

The 18 feb sarge-amd64-netinst.iso seems broken.

editor@postscript.port5.com
--
AMD Athlon64 @2.4Ghz Corsair TwinX1024-3200XL @480Mhz DDR ASUS A8V Deluxe Pro ASUS Radeon A9250Ge/Td/256 Creative SB Live WD Raptor SATA Maxtor PATA IBM/Okidata Color PostScript3 Lexmark Mono PostScript2 Debian GNU/Linux debian-amd64/pure64 sid Kernel 2.6.10 XFree86 4.3.0 Xorg X11R6.8.2 1.5 Mb DSL