Re: Framebuffer and Kernel issues

Guys, I figured it out! Finally! Sheesh what a PITA. Anyway, for some reason you can't load the modules:

cfbcopyarea
cfbfillrect
cfbimgblt
font
fbcon

after your already booted and get frame buffers working. I even tried adding these bad boys to the /etc/modules so that they load on startup. Still didn't work. So I added them to the /etc/mkinitrd/modules list and remade my initrd. When I rebooted it worked like a charm! YAY! So if you ever get the "Error -6" it means that you need to load that vesafb in your initrd. Weird, I know but it works now. That was the key!

Later,

-Greg