Re: CPU frequency scaling on AMD64 laptop

Hi,
Thanks for useful advices, it was enough to remove cpufreq and start to
use powernowd. The problem was in my ACPI, that does not work properly
yet, but powernowd knows how to cope with it. It just needs powernow-k8
module loaded. CPU scaling is running, the only little thing is that it
can tune frequency just between 800 and 2200, so the ventilator is still
running (maybe Linux works more han Windows that are able to go lower).
  Do you think that there could be any possibility to make my ACPI
working. I don't know what to do precisely. I turned on ACPI debugging
in kernel, but I don't know how to understand it.

  Thanks
  Lukáš Oliva