Re: Another sata failure report

Hello!

I can confirm the SATA problems with the sid-amd64-netinst.iso image from 11 Feb. Grub doesn't install correctly and freezes the machine on boot (clean install) after displaying the message "Grub loading stage 1.5".

Using "expert" install-mode, LILO refuses to install at all, exiting with an error code (1, IIRC).

The system has 2*200 GB SATA drives on an Asus K8V SE Deluxe M/B (VIA K8T800 chipset).

And also here, as in Mortens case, Ubuntu installs OK. But i don't want Ubuntu, I want original Debian :-)

Have a nice day,
    Mikael J.
    http://www.helsinki.fi/~mpjohans/