Re: Re: Monolithic Installer Question

Greetings again Goswin-

mirror list seems to be for the i386 archive. There doesn't seem to be
a way to enter the mirror only select from the list.

I can't believe that the menu item to enter a menu manually is
gone. Scroll up and up and up. The list is longer than the screen.

I tried again and found the manual entry at the top as you instructed. The installer did reach alioth finally. I looked in the choose-mirror udeb and found the list for all the official Debian mirrors in all of the countries. None of those has amd64. Maybe just removing that list from the choose-mirror source and building an amd64 port would fix that. The list is compiled into the binary so can't be seen inside the initrd.gz.

Also, the ext3 filesystem was made except the partition later was
identified as ext2 when mounting from my current install.

This time the partition was mounted properly as ext3 from here. I have no explanation for the inconsistency. Maybe I aborted the installation the first time before tune2fs was run by the installer.

I downloaded about 25 Meg or 14% before my DSLmodem crashed. That netcfg bug has just been fixed so I should be able to use the monolithic installer or the hd-media installer for testing soon.

Many Thanks,

editor@postscript.port5.com

AMD Athlon64 @2.4Ghz Corsair TwinX1024-3200XL @480Mhz DDR ASUS A8V Deluxe Pro ASUS Radeon A9250Ge/Td/256 Creative SB Live WD Raptor SATA Maxtor PATA IBM/Okidata Color PostScript3 Lexmark Mono PostScript2 Debian GNU/Linux debian-amd64/pure64 sid XFree86 4.3.0 Xorg X11R6.8.2 1.5 Mb DSL