Re: mounting a SATA drive

Hi,

Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 01:54:26PM +0100, Erik Norman wrote:
I have installed the system on a IDE harddisk.
I wondered how to mount a SATA harddisk.

Here's a complete example:

cfdisk /dev/sda
# Create a logical partition
mkfs.ext3 /dev/sda5
mount /dev/sda5 /mnt

Given the level of the question it might be necessary to add that only the last line (mount) is necessary if there is an existing partition. Cfdisk and mkfs are (potentially?) destructive operations; in other words, you will lose the data in the partitions affected by them. Mount is perfectly safe under normal operation.

Greetings,
--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@fibertel.com.ar>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802