Re: basic installtion questions

Hi,

I am new user and want to install a debian linux version on my machine, that has following specifications.

1. CPU: AMD Athon 64 64 processor 3400+
2. NIC: Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/10/1000Base-T Adapter
3. VIdeo card: NVIDIA GeForc FX5200
4. Memory1.5 GB
and so on.

I am wondering whether I can install the general Debian Sarge version from Debian downlaod section on my machine. I mean whether the general version is only used for INTEL CPU not for AMD CPU.

Could someone suggest a version of debian which is easyly installed and best fit my specifications?

Thanks

Henry