Re: Gamin

Adam Skutt wrote:
Javier Kohen wrote:

is anybody using gamin on AMD64? Do you have any success stories to share?

Yes, I have to use it because famd utterly hangs on CIFS mounts (which I have to use because SMBFS is broken in 2.6 and ...)

It doesn't eat all my CPU or go into interruptable sleep for hours like famd does, so it's a win in my book.

I've installed it but Nautilus doesn't seem to notice it at all. It doesn't matter whether I start it manually (and also restart Nautilus) or let libgamin start it automatically (which never happens, actually).

That's odd. On KDE, I get a gam_server process automatically without any issues.

What versions of gamin/libgamin are you using? What AMD64 "flavor" (i.e., sarge, pure-64, gcc-3.4)?

Thanks,
--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802