is anybody using gamin on AMD64? Do you have any success stories to share?

I've installed it but Nautilus doesn't seem to notice it at all. It doesn't matter whether I start it manually (and also restart Nautilus) or let libgamin start it automatically (which never happens, actually).

I'm using AMD64/gcc-3.4 and a home-compiled -ck5 kernel without inotify or other esoteric patches. I couldn't find anything useful on the net, short of autostart-related problemsn which are fixed by manually starting gam_server; but that doesn't seem to help here. No error messages are being output by Nautilus, gamin or the kernel.

Gamin is version 0.0.21-1 and Nautilus 2.8.2-2. I just reverted to fam and it's working fine.

Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802
Jabber: jkohen@jabber.org