Gamin

Hi,

is anybody using gamin on AMD64? Do you have any success stories to share?

I've installed it but Nautilus doesn't seem to notice it at all. It doesn't matter whether I start it manually (and also restart Nautilus) or let libgamin start it automatically (which never happens, actually).

I'm using AMD64/gcc-3.4 and a home-compiled -ck5 kernel without inotify or other esoteric patches. I couldn't find anything useful on the net, short of autostart-related problemsn which are fixed by manually starting gam_server; but that doesn't seem to help here. No error messages are being output by Nautilus, gamin or the kernel.

Gamin is version 0.0.21-1 and Nautilus 2.8.2-2. I just reverted to fam and it's working fine.

Thanks,
--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802