Re: Re: Anyone tried the ASUS A8V-E Deluxe?

> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Alois Zoitl wrote:
>
> > i got this htin g yesterday and I'm not to glad about it because I can
> not
> > get the network running.
> > As far as I found out it uses also the sk98lin driver.
> > But the standard driver that comes along with the debian amd 64 cd fails
> the
> > installation.
>
> It's a bug in the installation image, it's known to fail to load the
> module even though it detects it fine. During installation, you have to
> choose the option to execute a shell, run "modprobe -f sk98lin", which
> initialises the NIC, possibly bring up and configure the interface with
> the appropriate ifconfig command and friends, and from then on you should
> be fine. I have such a beast working under my desk right now, with pure64
> installed, and had no other problem with it. I am currently running a
> kernel compiled from the stock debian sources, 2.6.10.

I got it running last night with the drvier from the manufacturer. But only
after I installed the kernel sources only kernel headers broke the
compilation of the driver. I spoted the same for the nvidia drivers.
running gcc3.4 and kernel 2.6.9-9

Alois

--
DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl