ldd failing on fglrx-installer

Hi there,

I just started installing the debian-pure64-3.4 port
on my machine, and ran into a couple of problems
building & installing an ATI driver according to
<http://www.stanchina.net/~flavio/debian/fglrx-installer.html>.

The first problem that I ran into was a package
(libqt3-mt-dev) not installing because of a package
conflict
(libc6-dev_2.3.2.ds1-20.0.0.1.gcc4_amd64.deb).  I
found an email saying that the problem could be fixed
using dpkg --force-overwrite on the package, which
seemed to work.

When building the ATI driver, however, I got this
error:

dh_shlibdeps
/usr/bin/ldd: line 145: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: No such
file or directory
ldd: /lib/ld-linux.so.2 exited with unknown exit code
(127)
dpkg-shlibdeps: failure: ldd on
`debian/fglrx-drivers/usr/X11R6/bin/fgl_glxgears' gave
error exit status 1
dh_shlibdeps: command returned error code 256
make: *** [binary] Error 1

If I type in 'ldd /bin/ls', it works.  If I try 'ldd
/usr/bin/ldd', I get the same ld-linux.so.2 error as
above.

ldd is part of the libc6 package, which should be
fully 64 bit.  If so, why is it looking for
ld-linux.so.2, a 32 bit library?  And why would the
command work if it needed this library?

If this is a bug, I'll enter it in the appropriate
place.

Thanks,

Mark K.

=====