Help with initial setup

Hello all,

I've just put together my Gigabyte K8NS Ultra-939 board with AMD64 3000+ CPU. I've used Debian for years and really, really like it. I MUCH prefer doing a clean install rather than installing from, say, Knoppix so as to keep it as clean as possible. Having said that, this is my first 64-bit machine, and it's currently running the latest Debian 3.1 (Unstable) and seems fine. I've gone through the pure64 documentation, but I can't really piece together whether I need to reinstall using the pure64 distro, or if I can just add the suggested entries into my sources.list and be done with it. Can anyone advise me?

Many thanks,
Dustin