Re: suggestions for a 64 bit laptop?

I'm writing this from my Presario R3190US laptop (Athlon 3400).  You can check
out my debian install page here:

http://cmb.phys.cwru.edu/kisner/linux/compaq-r3000/

Also, there is a fairly active mailing list of linux users for the R3000
series laptop:

The traffic on this list is pretty minimal now, since most of the problems
have been figured out :-)

Basically the only things that don't work are the built-in SD card reader
(made by TI) and the built-in Broadcom wireless (though I hear that
ndiswrapper may now work with 64bit windows drivers).

cheers,

-Ted