Re: suggestions for a 64 bit laptop?

On (01/02/05 15:16), Giacomo Mulas wrote:
> 	Hello, I am a happy pure64 user on the desktop, and I would like
> to get a 64 bit laptop/desktop replacement as well. However, it looks like
> the models with large displays (15", more than 1280x1024) are only
> available with Intel 32 bit cpus (e.g. Dell), and vice versa. Any
> suggestions for a good Athlon64 laptop with a large display? Possibly one
> which is _known_ to work well with pure64?
I've had my Acer Aspire 1524WLMi just three weeks and it's just about
fully configured (for me anyway) - I haven't tried the modem or
wireless.

Downsides: shortish battery life c.2hrs which doesn't bother me 'cos
it's more of a portable workstation (of awesome power) than a road
warrior's laptop.

On balance, I think it's a brilliant piece of kit ;)

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...
...strategies for business