Re: Ubuntu with AMD64 Support

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 12:47 +0000, Daniel James wrote:
[...]
> I agree that's a potential challenge to Debian's democratic structure
> if the community process is bypassed whenver it suits the company

The Debian structure seems pretty stable and robust - and has probably
other problems because of the structure (and I'm quite OT now).

> concerned. The rebranding of Debian you describe has been going on
> for some time, since the launch of Lindows at least, I'd say. Back in

Oh, I didn't know that (being historically a RedHat-User).

> the late 90's I remember several thinly-disguised Red Hat rip-offs -
> all gone now.

Nobody knows knows how much embedded distributions are dead again.

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services