Re: Ubuntu with AMD64 Support

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 17:55 +0000, Daniel James wrote:
[snip]
> I don't think the development model is as democratic or open as
> mainstream Debian either. I mean, if you wanted a particular feature
> in Ubuntu but a certain well-known millionaire and space tourist was
> dead against it, do you think it would be implemented in his
> distribution? : )

It's "his" distro.  Paul Volkerding gets to make Slackware like
he wants, Mark Shuttleworth makes it like he wants, Klaus Knopper
makes it like he wants...

BTW, how many DDs is Ubutnu employing?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"This is the optimal setup for a geek. Your wife thinks you are
with your girlfriend, your girlfriend thinks, you have to look
for your wife, and you have time to do something with your
computer."
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=98180&cid=8396791