Re: Anyone tried the ASUS A8V-E Deluxe?

On Sunday, 23 January 2005 02:05, Cyril Chaboisseau wrote:
>  Le 22 January vers 21:58, Wesley J Landaker écrivait:
> > Anyone out there tried the ASUS A8V-E Deluxe motherboard? Judging
> > by the specs and what I've heard about the A8V, I don't *expect*
> > any problems, but I'm wondering if anyone has actually given it a
> > shot.
>
> it works perfectly fine (no crash) altough I haven't tried the Ralink
> RT2500 drivers yet
> here are some links
> http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/rt2400.html
> http://www.ralinktech.com/supp-1.htm
>

> BTW, the Deluxe is just a plain A8V + a Wifi card

Thanks for the info; I don't have the system in hand yet. I've heard
from others that the A8V seems very supported and stable.

I was actually referring to the A8V-E Deluxe
<http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A8V-E%20Deluxe&langs=09#> (has PCI
Express) not the A8V Deluxe
<http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A8V%20Deluxe&langs=09> (has AGP);
they are very similar but not quite the same chipsets everywhere.

Hopefully nothing changed that will give me trouble, though. (=

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net>