Re: Anyone tried the ASUS A8V-E Deluxe?

 Le 22 January vers 21:58, Wesley J Landaker écrivait:
> Anyone out there tried the ASUS A8V-E Deluxe motherboard? Judging by the
> specs and what I've heard about the A8V, I don't *expect* any problems,
> but I'm wondering if anyone has actually given it a shot.

it works perfectly fine (no crash) altough I haven't tried the Ralink
RT2500 drivers yet
here are some links
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/rt2400.html
http://www.ralinktech.com/supp-1.htm

BTW, the Deluxe is just a plain A8V + a Wifi card

> Anyway, I have one on order for a new system (need the PCI-Express
> capability), so once I get it up and running I'll let you know how it
> turns out... =)

it should also work out of the box

I have also test a Sun V20Z (and V40Z) w/ PCI-X and it's also very
stable and performant (running for more than a month without a glitch)

this systems support IPMI which is very handy to monitor the hardware
parts (FRU, sensors...)

you'll need ipmitools

--
	Cyril Chaboisseau